Who we are/what we believe
We are a community of people who live by the great redemption stories of the Bible. We gather each week to listen to the Bible – not as some old book (however important and well-loved) but because God still speaks through the Bible. We come each week to hear the Living Word from the Living God to us today.
Worship is the centre of our communal life and the glue that holds it together. We gather every Sunday morning to worship God, listen to God’s Word and be nourished in our faith through monthly Communion services.
The United Reformed Church has Five Marks of Mission:
- To proclaim the good news of the kingdom
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform the unjust structures of society
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, to sustain and renew the life of the earth.
These five marks are reflected in our mission creed.
Last updated on 28th November 2020